Portland's strangest duo publishes their literature

This site is a collection of poems/prose secretly written by musician/producer Machine Gun Max, and musician/producer Blind Unkle Vernon (explorers of the dreamworld). Many of these pages sat vacant in boxes - unseen from the eyes of strangers - and have accumulated over many years. Most were never meant to be seen... until now. Today, there are thousands of untitled writings now being displayed in this blog. If you would like to contact them for any reason, they encourage fans to send emails to: explorersofthedreamworld@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Polyrhythmic Shop Magnet (Swimming Through Crushed Ice)

I'm robbed of my independence.
fuck authoritarian tyrants who rule
out of fear. Fuck em'.

Normality plays lifeless music from speakers
that surround every downtown metropolis
you've ever visited. the good ones drown
the bullshit out with earplugs and headphones.
the bad ones embrace it by using phony distractions
which make them feel beloved by others.
your internet-friends-list
is a mask that you use to cover
your brutal face, completely full of
lies
deceit
and regret
that you carry like a chip on your shoulder..
you push down to feel the curvature.
you push down to feel the curvature.

I won't sit around couches and let the mindless
tv programs eat away at our souls!
I won't discuss
corny reality shows
corny television advertising
that
corny people love.
life is short
mine probably 80 or 90 somethin' years long,
if real is passe'
then purity must be concrete
because it's the only thing that lasts
and is worth living for!

Damn it!
my shirt now has a coca-cola stain on it
luckily I'm not suicidal
a lesser a man woulda' done himself in
after thinking and recalling the past
that shaped his personality and composure.
to then all of the sudden spill coca-cola
on a new white shirt that is covered with
birds and tree branches. well,
it could be too much.
but the birds that nest and circle the trees
give the shirt its own symbolic and artistic expression.
and that makes me smile.

So I'm gunna fuckin' do it
that's right, I'm gunna tough it out.
I'm gunna see what's out there, and that
certain thing or something
if it has the balls
to ask me how I feel about the world today.
eye will say:

"truckstops
and fuckshops
a mustache,
with only a bus pass."

silly rhymes to rest your head easy at night.
cuz I know it's racin'
it's always racin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment