Portland's strangest duo publishes their literature

This site is a collection of poems/prose secretly written by musician/producer Machine Gun Max, and musician/producer Blind Unkle Vernon (explorers of the dreamworld). Many of these pages sat vacant in boxes - unseen from the eyes of strangers - and have accumulated over many years. Most were never meant to be seen... until now. Today, there are thousands of untitled writings now being displayed in this blog. If you would like to contact them for any reason, they encourage fans to send emails to: explorersofthedreamworld@gmail.com

Sunday, May 9, 2010

It Caught Up With Me

i am not as clever or eventful or eager as i used to be.
so... this is called growing old?
i see now why it seemed such a dreadful thing.
my vision vanishing before me
my hands more sunken than they ought t' be.
it caught up with me.
knees goin out with lower back cramps and dizzy spells and cold sweats
my hair is too thin, frayed that i wear red wigs to mask my embarrassment.
im'a milf but aint never had kids. how could they tell?
adults 'round here make assumptions off appearance.
when only im'a lookin like this cuz i have to
it caught up with me
i would love to look like the ol me but the good ol me is still good and old, but without the good.
just old.

- Susie Rizal

No comments:

Post a Comment