Portland's strangest duo publishes their literature

This site is a collection of poems/prose secretly written by musician/producer Machine Gun Max, and musician/producer Blind Unkle Vernon (explorers of the dreamworld). Many of these pages sat vacant in boxes - unseen from the eyes of strangers - and have accumulated over many years. Most were never meant to be seen... until now. Today, there are thousands of untitled writings now being displayed in this blog. If you would like to contact them for any reason, they encourage fans to send emails to: explorersofthedreamworld@gmail.com

Monday, May 17, 2010

Two Kinds of People Divided By Zero

we invented our destinies on
a sunday afternoon in northern france.
(french no like ambitious americans.. so we
kept it private).

my destiny was to be poet laureate of the world!
hers was to marry a man that could financially
provide
for her and the 7 pups she squeezed out
over the last decade or so.

I then realized my next move to get the ball
bouncing on my road to the future was to
ditch her, and leave her available to the next
poor sucker, who would fall right into her
trap of plastic love and self-centered
pity.

I dreampt of this day many
a long night and day
my fellow boys and girls.
me riding solo in the back of a cargo train
in an empty box car
a hundred bucks to my name
and letting that massive metal chariot
expose me to people, places,
and things unkown,

our destiny don't make us
we make our destiny
so back up
I'm gunna make mine

back up

I'm gunna make mine!

Sincerely Yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment