Portland's strangest duo publishes their literature

This site is a collection of poems/prose secretly written by musician/producer Machine Gun Max, and musician/producer Blind Unkle Vernon (explorers of the dreamworld). Many of these pages sat vacant in boxes - unseen from the eyes of strangers - and have accumulated over many years. Most were never meant to be seen... until now. Today, there are thousands of untitled writings now being displayed in this blog. If you would like to contact them for any reason, they encourage fans to send emails to: explorersofthedreamworld@gmail.com

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Guiding Joints On The English Channel

he went from spirits to spirits
she went from dusty to dusted;

I raised my hand to interject
the common notion,
but they ended up laughing
at the heavy burdens I carry

I stared at a bright moon
and saw the dark misshaped
craters;
one of god's imperfect creations.

performing background orchestra to
the viewing were 50 or so bullfrogs.
they croaked in such magnificent harmony
that I could even hear birds providing
musical accompaniment;
I smirked at natures simplicity
and pointlessness.

There is a void I can't fill
a hole I can't dig
a point I can't make
a love I can't catch
a goal I can't reach
a hope that feels less

I stretch my arms to get blood
circulating
and it relaxes my weary mind
in times of turmoil and boredom.

No comments:

Post a Comment